The unit is affiliated with the faculty’s laboratories, laboratories and educational halls.
The duties and powers of the supervisor of the unit of educational facilities and laboratories
1. Inventorying all these facilities and setting a clear
schedule for them with specifying the capacity for each of them
2. Inventorying materials, devices and tools in laboratories and laboratories and creating databases for them.
3. Coordination between the equipment and laboratory requirements of the different departments in the faculty in order to ensure optimal use of available ones and make maximum use of what is allocated to their items from the colleges’budget.
4. Preparing purchase orders for the departments of chemicals, glassware, tools and other supplies and submitting them to the Faculties Procurement Committee and following up on their securing operations from the central warehouse.
5. Preparing the accurate specifications of the devices and tools required for the departments and unloading them with the Procurement Department forms and submitting them to the Faculties Procurement Committee.
6. Preparing technical and awarding study forms to secure the laboratories' needs.
7. Technical study of the offers and specifications of the devices of the competing companies.
8. Technical inspection to ensure compliance with the specifications of the equipment supplied to the laboratories.
9. Supervising the procurement process according to the columns received from the Purchasing Department in the colleges, as well as following up the stages And the steps of supply, installation, operation and maintenance by the supplier companies.
10. Coordination with the concerned committees to ensure the following:
a. Determine the need for laboratories and laboratories for maintenance or replacement.
B. Securing all security and safety requirements in laboratories in coordination with the Faculties' Security and Safety Department and following up Maintenance.
C. Follow up on disposal of laboratory waste and expired chemical materials in a scientific and safe manner.
D. Setting the general policy for the maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratories in the faculty and developing the necessary proposals for their implementation.
11. Following up on the maintenance of classrooms, laboratories, and equipment, and replacing the damaged ones, in coordination with the relevant authorities in the colleges.